Thursday, May 23, 2013

Products I ♥

We all have beauty products, we find ourselves coming back to time after time. The reasons for each of us are different, having to do with our various wants and needs.

Following are the top products of my choice, that I couldn't live without, after discovering them.


Hair Products

Schwarzkopf GLISS Ultimate Repair

I've been using and loving Schwarzkopf's GLISS line for quite some time and there are many products of it, that I still use today.
My favorite one of them is the GLISS Ultimate Repair Shampoo (and Conditioner). It leaves my hair soft, full and healthy looking, even though it's been damaged after many years of coloring.
You might not "need" it, if your hair is not in great need of moisturizing and strengthening, but it doesn't grease the hair or cause any other discomfort, even if it's in perfect condition already.
So there's no hit or miss with this shampoo, it's always hit!

Price: 4,90 €
ml: 400


AVON Advanced Techniques Moroccan Argan Oil

This shampoo leaves my hair in the softest state possible. It also provides a lot of volume and movement.
I wouldn't use it as my everyday shampoo, but it's the best choice when I want to take a little break from the GLISS Ultimate Repair one, I normally use.

It's really affordable, especially due to the many monthly deals and offers AVON always has. It's actual price is 6,00 € (400 ml), but from time to time you could find it for down to 1,50 €.


Body Products

Gillette Simply Venus2

This is a product that shocked me. The only reason I first bought the Gillette Simply Venus2 razor set was because it was very cheap and I just needed a pack of razors for a trip a was about to take.
But then came the surprise.. Even though these razors look really simple (solid plastic frame and just two blades), which usually means "not-that-good", they cut with ease and leave the skin feeling soft and not at all irritated, however short the hairs are.
Since then I've left all other "advanced" types of razors behind and I only use these babies.

Price: 3,95 €
Amount: 8 (4+4 Deal)


The Body Shop (Strawberry) Puree Body Lotion

The whole line of Puree Body Lotions from The Body Shop is amazing. Their consistency is thinner, than the one of the usual body moisturizers, so it gets absorbed a lot faster from the skin, leaving it soft but not at all greasy. A small amount goes a long way with this product, because it spreads easily on the skin due to it's fine consistency.
This type of body lotion is perfect to use especially during spring and summer, because it gives the feeling of a slight breeze once applied on the skin, which is very refreshing.

Price: 12,00 €
ml: 250


Face Products

NIVEA Eye Makeup Remover

Waterproof makeup is great to wear but almost impossible to remove! This NIVEA Eye Makeup Remover does the job without any fuss.
I'm sure there are a few good makeup removers in the market, but this one, being one of them, is also a cheap choice. It's around 6,00 € and with 125 ml it will last you at least one or two months, depending on how often you'll be needing to use it.


The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Gel

There are a lot of products out there, claiming to be able to "remove" the occasional pimple, but only some actually do. This Blemish Gel from The Body Shop is one of the best one's.
It's from the Tea Tree Oil skincare line, which is perfect for oily skin with blemishes, but this specific product can be used on any type of skin.
Whenever I see a random pimple appearing, I apply some of this gel on it and -no kidding- a couple of hours later it's almost completely gone or on it's way there. However this is not a product to be used for long term and more prominent conditions like acne.

Price: 6,00 €
ml: 2,5


Makeup Products

AVON Super Shock Gel Eyeliner

 This Eyeliner is the "blackest" black I've ever seen. Because it's a gel eyeliner pencil it's soft and glides easily on the eyelid, leaving a lot of color behind.
It's a liner, that can be smudged very easily, when you apply it, but once it sticks it stays on it's place.

Another plus for this product is it's price, which starts at 7,00 €  but can go down to 1,00 €, depending on the various offers that AVON usually has.


L'oreal Lumi Magique Highlighting Pen

Concealers and Highlighters are the No1 priority products for me, since I have really pale skin and the slightest discoloration or dark spot is very noticeable.
This L'oreal Highlighting Pen has been my favorite find for a few months now and still remains the top product to repurchase on my list.
It's very soft and moisturizing but not heavy or greasy. It last almost all day long, providing a fresh and tireless look.
It comes in three or four different shades for different skin colors.

Price: 10,00 €


Nail Products

H&M Nail Polishes

The last couple of years I've ended up really appreciating H&M, for it's clothes, accessories and also beauty products. The quality of all it's products is a lot better than expected for its' extremely low prices.
A nail polish from H&M costs 3,95 € (9 ml) and there's a vast color variety to select from. The consistency of these nail polishes is great and allows you to paint your nails easier and faster. They also have great pigmentation , so that there's rarely need to do a second coat, which saves time and money at the same time.
The only thing, that might not be preferred by everybody, is the fact that these nail polishes have very thin brushes. For me this only makes them seem even better, because I have small hands and nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment