Friday, February 15, 2013

Denim on Denim!

Denim is the most known and used fabric of the last decades. It' s mostly used on pants (jeans), but from time to time, depending on the different fashion trends, you can see it everywhere! There are denim shorts, skirts, dresses, shirts, jackets and even accessories...
For the most part, mixing denim items has been considered a crime of fashion, but lately, if you do it right, it's a big fashion "do". If you combine the right denim colors and finish the outfit with the right accessories, you'll end up with a great casual look.


I chose a dark pair of jeggings and matched them with my denim button up shirt. To incorporate another of my favorite trends -metallics, I added a loose golden knit sweater. I rolled up the sleeves of the sweater and the denim shirt to give an even more laid back vibe.

For shoes I wore my favorite Dr. Martens lookalikes, that look amazing with almost any day outfit and give a subtle rock feel.

The jewellery I chose, is quite simple: A pair of red rose stud earrings and for arm candy, a studded bracelet paired with my red swatch watch.

I also kept my makeup simple, with some hot pink lip stain, a hint of eyeshadow eyeliner and mascara.

On my nails, I have this golden based leopard print design. Leopard is one of my favorite patterns in fashion, because it provides an elegant but also rock and fun element.
You can watch a tutorial on this nail design here.


Even though the fashion "police" allows and admires denim combinations, doesn't mean that it's everyone's taste. Each one has their own style, that shouldn't be determined from what is "hot" and what not. The different trends and fashion guidelines are there, merely to give inspiration and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment