Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My go-to makeup look

I tend to run late. That's why I try to save time, when it comes to getting ready to leave the house. In that attempt, I decided on a fast and easy makeup look, that would be perfect for both daytime and nighttime. I do that look whenever I have limited time to get ready and when I feel uninspired or bored to do something different.
It's very simple and natural, appropriate for any occasion and with a few alterations here and there, it can meet everyone's standards.
Let me take you through it step by step..


The first thing I do is apply my BB cream. I use a brush for the application instead of a sponge or my fingers, because it gives a finer finish.
If you prefer more coverage, you could use a full coverage foundation.

Maybelline BB Cream
The brush is from Sephora

The next step is concealer. I use one for any blemishes and redness and one to highlight the under eye area. I use my fingers to blend it in.
You could also use a sponge for that, but if you use your fingers, don't rub the concealer on to blend it. Just do a light tapping motion.

Avon Colortrend Concealer
L'oreal Lumi Magique Highlighter

After that, the base is ready.
I skip contouring, because I feel it's unnecessary, especially when I'm in a rush. If it's an important step for you, then contour away.

Filling in my brows on the other hand is a must for me. I feel that my face is lacking a certain spark, without filled in eyebrows.
I use a matte brown eyeshadow with an angled brush for that step, because I feel that it gives a more natural look, than that a liner would. Also the angled brush is very helpful, when it comes to the thin corners of the eyebrows.
If you don't mind filling in your brows, you can skip that step and save even more time.

 Sephora Eyeshadow Palette in "Almost nude"
The brush is from the Body Shop

 

After my eyebrows are ready, I apply a nude eyeshadow on my lids and on the outer corner under my brows. The eyeshadow I use, just highlights the areas I apply it on.
For a nighttime look, you could also use a shimmer shadow for your lids.


Sephora Eyeshadow in "Porcelain"
 

The next thing I do, is a delicate cat eye, with a black liquid eyeliner.
If you want to go for a bolder look, you could definitely "enhance" the cat eye.

Sephora Long-lasting Liquid Eyeliner
 

To finish with the eyes, I just curl my lashes and apply some mascara.
For a day look I always apply just one coat of a "subtle" mascara, but for nighttime I usually do two to three coats of a volumizing and lengthening mascara.

Rilken Extra Volume Mascara

The next step is blush. I use one in a tone that seems natural on my skin and compliments it.
I never leave the house without a touch of blush, because I'm very pale. But if you don't feel like you need it, skip that step entirely.

Estee Lauder Tender Blush in "Peach Nuance"
 

The final step is doing the lips. I have two options for that step, depending on my mood and where I'm heading.
The first one is a (literally) nude lip, with just some sheer lip balm, to keep my lips moisturised.

Korres Mandarin Lip Butter

The second option is a pink lip stain.
Depending on the occasion, you can just apply a thin layer to give some extra color to your lips, or build it up to a bold lip.

Sephora Cream Lip Stain in No06
 

And voila!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment